The UPLIFT bamboo stand up desk with 1” thick desktop and v2 frame has become increasingly popular in the industry.
This heavily marketed solid bamboo desk is a direct competitor of the Fully Jarvis. But does it measure up?
We’ve heard claims of it being the best in the industry, so we couldn’t wait to get our hands on a unit and see for ourselves.
We’re often trying to be as active in the office as we can. Due to the nature of our work, we’re constantly switching between desks and rooms and have little to no time to sit.
So bamboo desktops like these are perfect for more dynamic workspaces wherein you’re required to move around constantly.
We put the highly rated Uplift V2 standing desk bamboo to the test. Here’s what we found out:
About UPLIFT Desk V2 Bamboo Standing Desk
Dubbed as the Best Standing Desk by Forbes and Wirecutter, this lightweight and minimalistic desk looks similar to any bamboo desk IKEA sells.
A quick review of the company reveals that this company has dominated the industry since its inception.
Their quality products have two variations: Chinese and American manufacturing. The V2 Desk frame is the most stable and safest wood standing mats desk frame Uplift has yet to release. It passed the ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 standard. At a full 1″ thick, their bamboo tops are over 25% thicker than most tops.
Here are my key takeaways from the company and the V2:
- Affordable with ergonomic design – the V2 is not a typical vintage thick bamboo desk with solid wood. Despite the minimalist design, it’s ergonomically built to cater to various heights. This means your comfort is highly valued by the company and its designers. For under $800, it’s certainly an affordable purchase considering it measures up to a higher-end standing desk converter with a management tray in the industry quite well.
- Seven-Year All-Inclusive Warranty – the base comes with the best warranty on the market. Understandably, the desktop isn’t covered by the extended warranty because of its design. However, you’ll find that the durable base is still significantly backed by a reliable warranty that spans seven years and covers anything and everything you see on the steel base. It is equal to its competitor Fully’s 7-year limited warranty.
- Multiple Desktop Options – I appreciated that the company provides cheaper alternatives to their more expensive exotic hardwood desktops. You’ll be able to choose between rubberwood, powder-coated, HPL, and bamboo desktops if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly option. Despite its price, it’s built extremely well and boasts great craftsmanship as well. Even the costly hardwood and reclaimed wood options have no extended warranty coverage.
- Various Desk Configurations – unlike other electric best standing desks that only come in one shape and size, the V2 comes in all shapes and sizes with solid wood. You’ll be able to choose between a variety of desktop sizes to fit your space as well as desk shapes that can fit a corner design like L-type sit-stand desks.
- Jiecang Base – the dual-motor Jiecang electric base lifts your bamboo desk surface with ease. It is built similarly to the Jarvis. However, I’ve noticed that I gravitate more toward the base on the V2.
Note: the Jiecang base is manufactured by JieCang Linear Motion. This popular Chinese company is well-known for its work on linear actuators designed for hospital beds since 2000. It wasn’t until 2011 that the company found an opportunity to design linear bases that allowed the user to adjust it accordingly. They used their linear actuator technology to develop highly ergonomic metal desk frames. Jiecang is one of the most highly-renowned manufacturers of electric desk converter bases from China.
Uplift Bamboo Desk (Notable Features) Reviews
The Uplift Bamboo Stand Up Desk is one of the more budget-friendly desks in the industry.
Despite that, it sports a nice, minimalistic style that can carry heavy loads. It comes with multiple mounting options for accessories.
Take a look at its most notable features:
Two-Stage Legs – the base comes in three pieces. The legs allow you adjustable height range according to your needs easily. Overall, you should be able to access up to 26 inches of adjustability. Also, monitor arms.
Telescopic Base – the base is designed so you can fit any size desktop on it. This is helpful because the desktop comes in multiple shapes and sizes. So you’ll be able to switch between desktops without the need for a different base.
48 Mounting Holes – there are 48 holes that allow you to mount multiple desk accessories to your sit-stand desk with a low-draw control box. Coupled with the 355-pound weight capacity, you’ll also be able to put in a hammock underneath your sit-stand desk when you need to relax. This design is patent-pending and is compatible with Uplift’s line of special desk accessories.
6-Way Anti-Collision Technology – the V2 is built to keep you on the go even as you work. It’s perfect for highly dynamic offices. However, mobility in a high-traffic workplace often comes with its own risks. Thanks to the high-sensitivity technology on this sit-stand desk, you’ll be warned aptly when your desk is about to encounter any obstacles.
Cross-Support – the adjustable lateral cross support on this wood standing desk significantly improves its stability. That means your desk will not wobble or topple over as you continue to work. This also supports the 26-inch height adjustment, which makes this the ideal desktop for all heights, also high-quality keyboard tray, a half-circle desk drawer.
High-Tech – for a mid-range sit-stand desk, the V2’s electronics are well within my expectations. There is some noticeable silicone caulk used to hold the components in place. This is decidedly aesthetically “inferior” to the Varidesk ProDesk 60 Electric’s cleaner boards but ultimately performs with the same quality, if not better. The V2 also has an upgraded power cord when compared to the V1. Grounding wire has been introduced to the system, which allows the electronics to perform more seamlessly.
Summary: The Uplift V2 is the refinement of the previous V1 desk. It boasts increased stability, patent-pending mounting holes that allow you to attach a wide-array of accessories from Uplift. It is sturdy enough to hold a hammock with an adult in it and it’s very user-friendly. This model can meet all your needs and is highly regarded in the industry because of its minimalistic design and superior functionality.
Uplift Bamboo Desk Specifications
Dual Motor Design
The dual motors on this wood standing desk function seamlessly. They operate at 50db, so it’s considerably low-noise, although you will still hear some of the components working.
Overall, it isn’t that noticeable and doesn’t take away from the desk’s performance.
That said, there are no improvements in the motor. It’s the same design and model used in the V1. It’s also generously lubricated to ensure that the components (including surge protector and a task light) work flawlessly.
Durability & Capacity
If you’ve tried previous Uplift sit-stand desk units, you’ll notice that the columns and feet are the same.
That said, the standard columns and feet from previous units were already very sturdy, and there’s really no room for improvement in that area since it functions perfectly and is very durable including solid wood and CPU holder.
However, the upper frame did come with significant improvements. Such as the patent-pending mounting holes that allow you to add multiple accessories from Uplift.
Overall, the V2 is built to withstand multiple attachments like CPU holders, monitor arms, keyboard trays, modesty panel, and hammocks.
This should attest to the 355-pound weight capacity. The desk has no problem lifting over 355 lbs. This means there’s a fairly huge allowance for extra weight.
The V2 comes in four colors: Black frame, White frame, Gray, and Metallic.
You’ll find that the V2 frame boasts a cleaner look compared to the V1 desk. This is thanks to the recessed set screw that holds the expandable cross frame in place. The finish on the frame is also nicely done. It looks sleek, elegant, and well-made.
The molded foot design also gives Uplift a significant aesthetic advantage over its competitors like the Jarvis.
Introducing the UPLIFT Desk Modesty Panel with Wire Management, your organizing answer to tangled cords and dangling cables on desks.
The Uplift website allows you to choose between fitted attachments to your desk. You’ll have your pick of different grommet types that allow you to keep your wires hidden and well-organized.
Overall, the V2 is made of very durable components. The bamboo desktop is something I highly recommend if you’re looking for a more budget-friendly yet high quality and durable tabletop. The frame is built nicely, and the desk looks very neat.
There are also plenty of options for you to choose from. This allows every user to stick to a specific budget without compromising on quality and performance.
Advanced Digital Memory Keypad
The advanced keypad allows you to store up to 4 preset heights to cater to your daily movements. The interface is user-friendly, and it allows you to set up your height range and memory settings in a few seconds. Push and hold up/down keypad comes standard.
It’s also easy to view the exact height through the LED monitor.
Additionally, you can toggle between two settings: one-touch and constant-touch.
Customize and accessorize yours with a helpful array of ergo-friendly gear, like a keyboard tray & CPU holder, monitor arm, or even a desk treadmill for even more ways to increase movement while you work.
Benefits of Uplift Bamboo Desk
The Uplift Bamboo Desk (passed the ANSI/BIFMA X5.5-2014 standard.) is ideal for any workplace. But it’s best built for highly dynamic workspaces. Here are my key takeaways from this all-around mobile desk.
- The high weight capacity allows it to carry you among other heavy loads. This means you can put your entire life’s work in the hands of this electric standing desk from Human Solution.
- Multiple height options allow you to transition between different positions: sitting, standing, or otherwise.
- It is compatible with the Uplift Motion X board, keyboard tray, monitor arm, CPU holder, one wire grommet, and one power grommet. You have the option to choose this as free with purchase. It allows you to stay mobile despite staying in one position.
- Mobile workspaces effectively combat office depression. It also reduces stress significantly and allows you to monitor your body’s needs closely, especially if you suffer from back pain.
- It comes with multiple wire management kit options.
- A magnetic cable management channel accessory makes it easy to hide unpleasant wiring without making them hard to access.
Uplift Bamboo Stand Up Desks Questions & Answers
How Much Does an Uplift Desk Weigh?
It weighs 56 pounds on average. The weight varies with the desktop you choose. Obviously, hardwoods would weigh more, but ultimately, it’s of significant weight to support its loads.
Is Bamboo a Good Desk Surface?
Definitely. Bamboo is highly water-resistant and one of the most solid wood surfaces in the industry.
That’s why bamboo furniture is popular.
Are Standing Desks Bad for You?
Much like sitting for extended periods can be harmful to your back, standing for long periods can also damage your spine.
That’s why it’s important to choose a standing desk that’s easily adjustable like the Uplift V2. Adjustable standing desks allow you to transition between sitting and standing with ease so you can shift to a more comfortable position from time to time.
Uplift v2 Bamboo Vs Jarvis
Jarvis bamboo standing desk is the direct competitor of the Uplift V2. These height desks are top-rated on the market.
But does it measure up to this high-tech and a fully-functional standing desk? Let’s take a look:
- Price – the Jarvis is slightly cheaper in all aspects compared to the V2. However, the price difference also comes with its own challenges. The V2 comes with significant attachments and even includes a MotionX board or heel grip mat, among other things with your purchase. The Jarvis does not.
- Weight Capacity – the V2’s weight capacity is a whopping 355 lbs while the Jarvis can only carry up to 350 lbs at the most. That said, the V2’s weight capacity is severely under-advertised. We’ve tried putting 400 lbs of weight on the V2 desk, and it still functioned seamlessly.
- Stability – both desks are significantly stable. However, the V2 is significantly more stable compared to the Jarvis thanks to its build and overall design.
Summary: Overall, I can confidently say that V2 Standing Desk is a head above its competition. It’s ultimately more stable, aesthetically pleasing, has solid wood, quality keyboard tray, monitor arm, and value-oriented compared to the Jarvis. So you’ve had your eye on our height adjustable desks – don’t forget about environmentally friendly and renewable UPLIFT Desk.
Are Uplift Desks Worth It?
Ever wanted to be a ninja? Have you ever wanted to skip class and play hack ‘n slash video games for hours on end? For a growing number of students, this is all they want. The pursuit of an after-school job and study-hours freedom are the driving forces behind the rise in popularity of the so-called “Uplift Desk,” a costly class upgrade to your school’s home economics or music room. But can you spend all the money without sacrificing anything? Uplift standing desk, which cost anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000, are custom-built, using, as some do, Lego-like building blocks that each contains its own variety of speakers, alarm clocks, lights, and Internet access (for a one-month subscription, students have access to the school’s wi-fi network). Some may even hold computers for office chair.
These desks are typically large and set up in classrooms, with 10 to 20 students cramming into one. The students typically study in groups, working together on group projects or quieting down when it’s time for mealtime. Several universities are now starting to use uplift desks in order to increase student success, claiming that the machines “drive high-school graduation rates through encouraging the socialization, mentoring, and reading that are the hallmark of the more successful teen years.” Unfortunately, there are some serious concerns with uplift desks. For one, they encourage students to leave school in the middle of the day, which, for parents, may not sound that bad. However, students are so self-centered that they tend to spend the whole day on YouTube, so by the time they get home they may not have accomplished much.
Is Bamboo Good For a Desk?
Like most wood products, bamboo isn’t necessarily bad for your health. But it isn’t necessarily great, either. Not all bamboo is the same. And that means that not all bamboo is the same, either. In some cases, bamboo can be very toxic. A bunch of people has fallen ill from eating it. One has died, and an infant has been hospitalized from a known cause. The problem is that not all bamboo is the same. One shipment from China may be completely fine. But then something else from another country may contain high amounts of toxins.
To get the most health benefits, you’ll want to purchase bamboo that’s certified as being organic. In China, these days, and perhaps elsewhere, bamboo is sometimes treated with pesticide. And, because of all of these pesticides, there have been lots of problems in China and Vietnam where people have gotten sick. And, recently, a baby in Indonesia has also died from eating bamboo. Another problem with bamboo is that its roots can get into the water table. And that means that bamboo can release all sorts of organic and inorganic compounds into the soil. The World Health Organization (WHO) still says that all of these organic compounds aren’t usually harmful.
Is Standing For 8 Hours Bad?
Standing for 8 hours is definitely not good for your body. But for some people, it’s just one of their many ways to pass the time, especially at work or in the classroom. So, it does not seem to be a harmful habit. But did you know that is standing for too long can be dangerous too? The heart rate may not be regulated, and blood pressure could be below. It also prevents the absorption of oxygen into the body.
On the other hand, prolonged sitting is equally unhealthy. A study done by the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey in 2002 shows that having good posture and proper position while sitting helps keep blood pressure in check. On the contrary, working on the computer for prolonged periods can affect your back and neck. You should not sit straight all the time as it is too stressful on the spine. If your job involves standing for 8 hours, then the following are some of the best things you could do to boost your energy levels and reduce fatigue.
Is Bamboo Desk Toxic?
Answer: Bamboo is super cool stuff but can be poisonous if ingested or if it gets into the lungs. Try not to breathe too deeply when you go near your desk as you might inhale the vapor. If you had a bad heart attack in your sleep, you’d be hard-pressed to go to your desk to smoke.
You might think that you need to treat your desk like a fine restaurant to guarantee that it’s safe. A caveat. Eating a bamboo plant is not recommended. Bamboo is a fast-growing species and can get to be a tree in a few months. When you eat bamboo, the toxins start to break down very quickly, and a few days later you’ll likely recover. What you can’t recover from is getting lung cancer from inhaling all the toxins. So that’s no good. So what about eating it? There’s a known risk of getting gastrointestinal distress in the form of stomach upsets or bloody diarrhea. The toxin accumulates in the fat cells of the intestines and that can cause nausea, pain, and even intestinal distress in some people.
Is Bamboo a Good Desk Top?
I’m a big fan of natural, organic materials, especially bamboo. Though it has been used as a construction material for thousands of years, it’s still seen more as a fashion statement than a functional, everyday, office furniture material. But bamboo is definitely growing in popularity. Many companies have made some interesting attempts to incorporate bamboo into the modern workday and beyond. Check out the following design projects, which use bamboo in a modern, stylish and functional way.
Or, for something more rustic and natural, check out our article on how to build your own eco-friendly bamboo desk from scrap wood. Reverse Folding Office Desk with Steel Frame. A lot of people ask what the purpose of a reverse folding office desk is, and it’s a pretty simple design concept.
Final Conclusion. Is the Best Choice on the Market?
The Uplift V2 Commercial standing desk certainly lives up to its name of Best Standing Desk delegated by Forbes and Wire Cutter. This model also meets the ANSI/BIFMA G1-2013 height standard.
It’s a reliable and feature-filled mid-range standing desk that performs seamlessly and reliably.
Here are my key takeaways from the desk:
- It is incredibly steady. Even at its highest, you’ll only experience a slight wobble. And that is if the objects on your desk are uneven. It stays stable even as you adjust its height-adjustable as well. This means it’s safer to use compared to its competitors.
- It is value-oriented. Each desk comes with a free MotionX board that ergonomically keeps you mobile while you work. Not only does this desk effectively battle workplace depression, but it also significantly maximizes the value of your desk. Its patent-pending 48 hole mounting system allows you to use it with different attachments that add value to your life.
- It is manufactured by a reputable company. Jiecang is a company that has dominated the hospital bed industry since 2000. So it should come as no surprise that the Uplift desk is so well-built.
Overall, I’d say that V2 is definitely the best in the industry. Here’s why:
- There’s very little room for improvement. Even the V2’s predecessors were already great in their own aspect, so it’s difficult to complain about it.
- Sensitive Anti-Collision technology is very effective. The table effectively senses if it’s about to hit something so it will stop and go the other way.
- It’s highly durable. It can carry weight over its capacity without any problems. This leads me to think thee company deliberately lowered the weight capacity to make it more believable.
- It’s high in value. Most standing desks don’t evolve beyond being a desk. The V2, however, does not. The patent-pending mounting system allows you to add a multitude of accessories that can improve your work life significantly.
Summary: the Uplift V2 standing desk from Human Solution is the best in the market. It is a head above its competition like the Jarvis desk despite coming from the same manufacturer. You’ll enjoy the extensive 7-year warranty as well as its reliable and durable build. Ultimately, it’s an all-around desk for any user.