Herman Miller has a reputation that precedes it. All its furniture pieces are top quality, innovative. However, not all of them may suit your needs.
It’s essential to choose the best office chair that keeps you comfortable, and that fits your line of work. This article will teach you how to do that.
You can read detailed comparisons between Herman Miller Mirra 2 and Aeron, as well as other review Herman Miller chairs below. Why is this article different than other online reviews?
We discuss each feature and official spec, depending on your needs. We’ll tell you the activities and needs that each ergonomic office chair fits, so read along.
- Aeron – Best for Chronic Pain
- Mirra 2 – Best for Dynamic Workplaces
- Embody – Best Stylish
- Mirra 1 – Best Budget Ergonomic Choice
- Aeron Remastered – Best for Ergonomic Adjustments
- Cosm – Best Contemporary Executive Chair
About Herman Miller Company
Herman Miller has a century of reputation you can count on. HM devises innovative products because it has a team of specialists in design and ergonomics.
Regardless of what HM chair you’ll get, it will be durable, quality, and comfort. In fact, Herman Miller has received many awards over the years for their products.
Besides, Herman Miller values user experience. You’ll get a 12-year limited warranty and a 30-day money-back guarantee with all these office chairs. You’ll also benefit from stellar customer help whenever you need it.
SUMMARY: Herman Miller has been around for 100+ years. This company offers you top furniture, backed by tons of research. Your HM chair was built by a team of physicians, therapists, designers, and ergonomics specialists. The result is that HM product builds durable, quality office chairs, which receive awards regularly.
Aeron Task Chair
This model is the result of extended research and user experience. The chair was first sold in 1994, and it has seen plenty of improvements since then. You can rest assured you’ll get a comfy chair.
The Aeron and Mirra 2 have similar designs according to buying guides. They’re contouring office chairs that take the pressure off your back and allow you to sit down for long hours. However, the Aeron offers you more customization options and optional features.
This chair you can personalize to fit your unique needs and body shape. Choose one of the three chair sizes that best fits your measurements.
Then, consider the additional options you want, such as:
- 3D armrests to suit different activities and to reduce the risk of straining your upper body
- Headrest to keep your neck and head enjoyable, whether you recline or sit upright
- A Forward Tilt option to offer you good back support even when you are leaning over your keyboard
SUMMARY: The Aeron is a contouring chair you can customize to fit your needs. Choose the features that help you feel most comfortable.
Herman Miller Mirra 2
Mirra 2 is an adaptable chair that moves with your body’s movements, much like Humanscale Freedom. The blend of dynamic areas is activated by all your movements.
Herman Miller changes depending on who’s sitting on it, so the chair offers you personalized sitting comfort.
The first difference from the Aeron is that model offers two options for your back:
- The Butterfly Suspension is more expensive, but contours your back better. This feature acts as a suspension membrane, keeping you cool and supported when you move.
- The Triflex Polymer is flexible, but it’s better if you are not constantly moving. You can clean it easily, and it will keep you enjoyable while working on your computer.
Another difference is that Mirra 2 Chair features. You can adjust it depending on your height and tasks. However, the Aeron features three chair sizes so, if you choose the right one from the beginning, you won’t need to adjust.
SUMMARY: This model is a sleek, light task chair that conforms to your shape, which means you can sit down on it for hours. This is a chair that’s designed to last a long time while minimizing the impact that long periods of working. If you are constantly changing positions and devices, it keeps your body supported. Therefore, Herman Mirra 2 Chair is best if you have a dynamic job and contact with a lot of people.
Comparison of Mirra 2 and Aeron: Summary of Differences
They share similar characteristics, such as their S-shaped backrests that contour your back and rest your spine in a neutral position.
Both office chairs have padded armrests that cushion your arms, but don’t have any seat padding for your bottom.
The biggest difference is that Mirra 2’s backrest is intended to follow your movements. Two technologies:
- Loop Spine lets you stretch and reach to your sides because it offers the backrest torsional elasticity.
- Harmonic 2 Tilt lets you recline smoothly, without feeling like you are out of balance.
With that in mind, here’s a summary of the “Mirra vs Aeron” differences:
|Model||Review Herman Miller Aeron||Review Herman Miller Mirra 2|
|Materials||8Z Pellicle mesh||Polymer mesh|
|Lumbar Support||The optional height lumbar pad
Optional PostureFit if you have chronic backache
|Height and Tension adjustable|
|Adjustable Armrest||The standard version features stationary armrests
You can get the optional armrests or the 3D
|Adjustable Seat Depth||None||16.25-18-inch|
|Seat Height||Sizes: A: 15 – 19-inch
B: 16 – 20-inch
C: 16 – 20-inch
|14.75 – 22.25-inch|
|Max User Weight||Sizes A: 300 pounds
B & C: 350 pounds
SUMMARY: Each chair has its pros and cons, so choose depending on your needs. Aeron is better if you have chronic pain, but Mirra is better if your job requires you to move a lot.
Herman Miller Aeron Remastered vs Mirra 2
The new Aeron chair is a better choice if you want a customizable chair. The Remastered features more features, which will help you if you have a unique set of needs.
For instance, if you have a unique body shape or chronic pain, you might benefit from a Remastered.
Here are some other features to consider:
- Cost. The price difference between these models is about $100 when you compare the fully upgraded versions.
- Back support options. Mirra 2 has a height and tension-adjustable lumbar, which you can use depending on your pressure points. The Aeron Remastered has the additional pad if you sitting for long hours. This pad is softer and doesn’t apply a lot of pressure. If you have chronic lumbar ache, PostureFit is firmer and alleviates your pain. However, you can’t change its position.
SUMMARY: The Remastered model is better if your workplace doesn’t ask you to move a lot. Both the chairs are enjoyable and supportive. If you have chronic backache, go for Mirra 2. Otherwise, Herman Miller Remastered is a valid choice too.
Mirra 2 vs Aeron vs Embody
Mirra 2 is best if you are looking for dynamic support. The backrest technologies, design, and materials allow this chair to follow your movements.
The 4D armrests follow the same purpose and allow the armrests to move with your arms.
Mirra 2 allows you to change between tasks and devices seamlessly, just like the Humanscale Freedom Gel Chair.
The Herman Miller Aeron chair is best if you need a highly customizable chair that offers you personalized comfort:
- You can choose various optional features. As such, you can add an optional headrest and 3D armrests.
- You can also choose the right chair size (small, medium, and large) for your body shape.
Mirra 2 vs Embody. The Herman Miller Embody is best if you need a stylish executive chair with a wider seat and more padding. Keep in mind that:
- The Aeron has more comfortable and supportive armrests, with more padding. If you have arthritis or joint ache, the Aeron is better.
- The Aeron offers better options, whereas the Embody chair has no lumbar adjustment. However, if you have no chronic issues, the Embody’s back angle adjustment is enough to keep your back enjoyable.
- The optional Aeron headrest saves you from neck pain and tension headaches. However, if you don’t have these issues, the Embody’s tall backrest offers you enough functions even for gaming.
- The Embody has no Forward Tilt option. If you are not a marathon writer, that might not be an issue.
- The Embody features more aesthetic options than the Aeron. You can select more customizations for the finishing, casters, and upholstery.
SUMMARY: 3 Chairs are all top quality items, but choose the chair that fits your purpose better. The Embody is a stylish, comfy choice if you have no chronic pain, but get the Aeron if you want a highly customizable chair (even for gaming) for unique needs and nagging ache. And if you work in a dynamic environment, choose Mirra 2.
Difference Mirra 1 and Mirra 2 Review
2nd Generation packs a complete makeover. The chairs look completely different and they have different functionalities.
Mirra 2 is a better choice because:
- The 4D armrests offer you more support and minimize upper body strain.
- The lumbar support is better at targeting your pressure points because it has two points of rotation. Besides, you can adjust its firmness depending on your preferences.
- Mirra 2’s backrest keeps you cooler because it’s a higher-quality type of mesh.
- Model 2 includes the Forward Tilt option. The backrest moves with you when you lean over your keyboard, which helps you avoid slouching.
SUMMARY: Mirra 2 includes more options than 1st generation, but it’s more expensive. Get 2nd Generation if you have back and shoulder ache, if you are always writing at the computer, or change tasks frequently. Otherwise, if your budget is limited and don’t have chronic pain, 1st generation is a value-for-money chair.
Mirra 2 vs Cosm
Cosm is another expensive and high-quality chair from Herman Miller. It’s no wonder you want to consider this option.
Let’s see how Cosm compares to Mirra 2:
- Armrests: It has plusher armrest pads, which don’t dig into your arms. If you have arm issues, these armrests are better. On the other hand, Cosm has mesh armrests that improve breathability.
- Armrest adjustments: HM model offers more adjustments to fit your needs. Cosm has no armrest adjustments, and the armrests have a wide placement. If you’re short, you might not reach the arms comfortably.
- Seat depth: It has a bigger adjustment. If you are taller, Cosm may dig into your hamstrings when you sit down.
- Back support: Cosm contours your back and offers you nice support, from the neck down to your buttocks. However, HM product is better for dynamic support when you’re on the move.
- Ergonomic adjustments: HM office chair offers more adjustments for different body shapes and activities, whereas Cosm allows you to rock a little and tilts when you press your back into it. However, you can’t sit completely upright in the Cosm. You can notice the same difference if you read a few Setu vs. Aeron comparisons.
SUMMARY: Mirra 2 is a good chair if you are always on the move, changing devices and positions. Cosm is a good choice if you want a contemporary executive chair not for gaming. You’ll get no adjustments with Cosm, but you can rock and recline when you’re attending meetings, doing interviews, or talking on the phone.
Bottom Line. Our Thoughts on Mirra 2 vs. Aeron
So, Aeron Chair vs Mirra. Both are good chairs, but choose the one that fits your needs and work style.
The Aeron is a better choice if you have chronic backache. It offers you plenty of optional features to make a chair that caters to your unique needs.
On the other hand, Mirra 2’s upholstery adapts to your body’s movements. This chair moves whenever you move. If your job in a collaborative environment and change devices constantly, Mirra 2 is your best office chair choice.
Before ordering your chair, make sure you get it from a reliable source. Websites like Madison Seating retail these chairs at half a price, but HM has started a legal lawsuit against them.
Don’t waste time. Click below to order the right chair from a trustworthy source now.