Whether you’re trying to build a home office for yourself, or you’re trying to boost productivity in your office, ergonomic desks are a great investment.
In this article, we’ll be discussing 7 of the best ergonomic desks on Amazon and other retailers.
I’ll also be sharing over 12 tips throughout this article for enhancing the ergonomics of your office.
- 1. VARIDESK Height Adjustable Standing Desk – #1 Editor’s Choice
- 2. Seville Classics AIRLIFT – Best Value
- 3. Flexpro Power 40 Inch
- 4. Z1-S Eureka – Good for Gaming
- 5. Mount-It!
- 6. FlexiSpot M2MG – for Short Person
- 7. Executive Office Solutions Portable Desk – Affordable
Best Ergonomic Desk Models (Updated for 2023)
These desks are some of the best in the market when it comes to being ergonomic. If you ask me, corner desk ergonomics are slightly more complicated than regular high-quality desks, but they are some of the most beautiful computer desks for home.
1. VARIDESK – #1 Best Choice
This model by Varidesk is my top choice because of its simplicity. Despite that, it’s highly ergonomic. It’s designed for a truly ergonomic workstation experience.
It’s recommended that you stand for at least 30 minutes every hour.
This desk allows you to easily switch between sitting and standing positions while working without disrupting your work or compromising your posture.
Here are its features:
Spacious Design – this converter gives you a bit of extra space on your desk, especially when it’s lifted up. Even on its own, it’s good for multiple monitors, for laptop work, and for keyboard operators who need as much extra space as they can get.
Ergonomic Lift – it features a rowing lift mechanism you’ll love. Unlike other manual lift converters, the Varidesk optimizes the lift experience, so you don’t strain any muscles. It lifts easily into 11-height positions that will suit any individual.
Summary: The Varidesk is one of the top-rated models in the market. If you’re looking for a more affordable alternative for the Uplift V2, this converter is your top option. However, it is not cheap. It is mid-range, so it’s still reasonably priced, but you’ll probably have to stick to a chair under 300 dollars if you don’t want to overspend.
2. Seville Classics AIRLIFT 36″ – Best Value Ergonomic Table
This heavy-duty desk converter is ideal if you want a reasonably-priced standing converter packed with features. It comes with a wide dual-monitor riser with a beveled edge that is good for all-in-one computers.
Here’s why it’s a good value:
Quiet Lifting – this model features two airlift levers that instantly lift your desk to your desired height. Its pneumatic adjustment moves as quickly as you want it to. It’s a manual lift converter, so you don’t have to worry about hearing motorized noise.
ANSI/BIFMA Compliant – this desk is compliant with BIFMA safety and ergonomic standards. You don’t have to worry about your electronics suddenly falling off of your desk because it is unstable. It can also easily lift up to 30 pounds worth of equipment with ease and little to no strain.
Summary: Choose this desk if you’re not afraid of customer service concerns. It’s ideal if you work from home and don’t want to spend time and money on a new model. That said, it does require some assembly. But it is quite ez to assemble. It also comes with a detachable keyboard shelf so you can decide if you need it or not.
3. Flexpro Power 40 Inch With two Monitors + Laptop – Electric-Powered Quiet
This Flexpro Power desk converter is a motorized converter with a spacious and highly durable design.
The motorized lift allows you to sit and stand in seconds. This means you don’t have to worry about your legs falling asleep after sitting for a long time.
Take a look at its most notable features:
No Assembly Required – unlike many other motorized converters, the Flexpro does not need to be assembled. You can simply take it out of the box, install it, and you’ll have a fully-functioning converter on any tabletop surface.
Quiet and Safe Lifting – it is built with a noiseless motor that transitions with little to no annoying noise. It’s also built to withstand 45 pounds of hardware, so you don’t have to second guess its durability.
Summary: This standing converter by Flexpro is one of the most durable and spacious motorized desk converters I’ve come across. Its electric lift mechanism makes it ez to extend your desk’s height according to your needs without exerting physical effort. However, the durability does come at a price—it’s quite heavy. And the keyboard tray tends to bounce when you extend it.
4. Z1-S Eureka – Workstation For Gaming
This gaming desk by Z1-S is designed for hardcore gamers. Its spacious worktop can support a 40-inch monitor and all of your computer gaming gear.
It’s also packed with features that are ideal for anyone who is serious about ergonomic gaming.
Take a look at its features:
Ultimate Gaming Convenience – this model features a host of convenient attachments that improve your gameplay experience. It’s fitted with a cup holder, a hook for your headphone, a stand for your controller, storage for your games, and a conveniently large mouse pad that can fit your keyboard and mouse comfortably.
Stability and Durability – this desk features a Z-desk design that is engineered for stability and holding up to frequent roughhousing. The Z-shape design also gives you more legroom compared to traditionally shaped desks for working from home. Additionally, the legs are fitted with stabilizers that ensure you don’t encounter any problems with wobbling.
Easy to Assemble – this table requires assembly. However, there are ez to follow instructions that will guide you through every step of the way. One thing I can tell you is that you should leave all screws somehow slightly loose until you finish putting this model together to ensure its stability and durability.
Summary: This model is a beautiful addition to any gaming room. The ambient LED lighting is designed to immerse you in your gameplay and its sturdy Z frame construction ensures all your gear is well-protected. Having said that, the LED lights do look a bit flimsy and cheap and customer service is quite hard to reach.
5. Mount-It! – Best Mobile Standing Desk
This mobile standing desk by Mount-It! It comes with rolling wheels for easy mobility.
It’s ideal if you’re highly dynamic and don’t want to disrupt your workflow. It’s also highly versatile. You can use it for a variety of tasks, not just for work.
Take a look at its qualities:
Adjustable Height – the manual height adjustment is ez to understand. This sit-to-stand desk is optimized to support proper standing posture while working or proper posture while sitting for extended periods.
Dual Desk Surfaces – this sit-to-stand computer desk comes with two platforms that ideally separate your monitor from your keyboard. This not only gives you more space but also ensures that your things are at an ergonomically designed level to support proper posture.
Space-Efficient – if you don’t have plenty of room, or are looking for a smaller unit, it is ideal for you. Its design easily makes it one of the most space-efficient standing desks in the market.
Summary: The most attractive aspects of this model are its smooth-rolling caster wheels and space-efficient design. There are plenty of platforms to store necessities and computer equipment without taking up floor space, which is ideal for smaller or more minimalist rooms.
6. FlexiSpot M2MG Ergonomic Computer Desk with Keyboard Tray – Best Desk for Short Person
If you’re shorter than average, you’re probably having trouble finding a desk that ergonomically works for you.
Sure, you could invest in a chair with an adjustable height, so the desk height is ideal for you, but that would leave your legs and feet at risk of dangling or not properly touching the ground.
This Flexispot converter solves that problem for you. Not only is it ideal for short users, but it’s ideal for users of any height.
Space-efficient – unlike other lift mechanisms, this converter features a straightforward vertical motion when extending or collapsing. You do not need to make additional space accommodations to fit this movement. That means you can easily put it up against a wall.
Smooth and Safe Adjustments – this converter features a stabilized single handle that allows you to easily adjust its height. You won’t have to worry about exerting too much effort or having to use both hands.
Extra Deep Top Design – the groove-free workspace allows you to place multiple electronics on your desk. It’s best suited for laptops, desktop computers, paperwork, and many other office necessities.
Summary: This converter is ideal for users of varying heights. If you’re looking for a convenient converter that’s ez to operate, space-efficient and spacious, then the Flexispot M2MG is ideal for you. However, it is often packaged poorly so you might encounter some cosmetic issues when it arrives.
7. Executive Office Solutions Portable Desk – Best Affordable Ergonomic Executive Desk
This desk is best for highly professional settings. It features a no-nonsense design that is suited for laptops and fits comfortably on any desk. The sleek and contemporary look of it adds to its executive appeal.
If you’re looking for a table extender that will not feel out of place in an executive setting, this table will fit you quite well.
Lightweight and Easy to Carry – if you find yourself often giving reports or are having trouble finding a suitable desk to place your laptop in when you’re outside of your office, you’ll enjoy this unit. It’s lightweight, which makes it ez to carry around anywhere you want to.
360-Degree Adjustable Legs – this desk’s legs are designed to lock into various angles to fully meet your needs. It’s ez to adjust, and you’ll find it quite helpful on various tabletop heights.
Ergonomic Extended Lip – this converter features an ergonomic extended lip that catches your gadget effectively. This is ideal for protecting against slipping and if your laptop is thicker than others.
Summary: This converter is ideal if you’re looking for a unit that can specifically accommodate your laptop. Despite its limits, it’s still ideal for a variety of other tasks like writing or holding your tablet. Unfortunately, if you’re looking for a widely spacious unit, this isn’t it.
Models not included in this review:
- Tangkula Standing Desk with a lever-controlled gas spring-loaded mechanism with
- HeroDesk Wide Surface Ergonomic Stand Up Workstation with Anti-Fatigue mat
- JOYBASE Ergonomic Tabletop Workstation (Two-Tier Shelf Design)
What is an Ergonomic Desk?
Ergonomic desks are designed to maintain good posture. The Bureau of Labor Statistics documented that 34% of workplace injuries in 2012 were caused by a non-ergonomic working environment.
For environments, an ergonomic table and chair are usually required. This not only boosts productivity but also effectively boosts morale in the workplace.
- Workplace depression is caused by a variety of factors. One of which is poor working conditions. You can’t expect to be able to work properly for eight hours a day in a stool that doesn’t support your back or a table that’s too high or too low for comfort.
Generally, there are a few things you should look for to determine whether a table is ergonomic or not.
Workstation design for prolonged use includes:
- Proper height. Height is not standardized for any human. So why should we expect a table to be any different? While it is difficult to find a desk that is exactly right for every height imaginable, there are certainly options that accommodate a wider range of user heights.
- Proper fit. Your legs should lay comfortably flat underneath your table. The tops of your knees or thighs shouldn’t bump against the table for any reason other than you lifted your leg up an unreasonable amount.
- Your forearm and upper arm need to lay at an angle between 90 and 110 degrees. This will reduce the strain on your arms and—unsurprisingly, your back as well.
What is the Best Ergonomic Desk Height
The thing about them is that there is no single way to determine if it is ergonomic. Unless it features an adjustable height.
The ideal height will ultimately depend on your height and the chair you use.
How Can I Make My Office More Ergonomic?
Generally, all you need to do is make sure your office is comfortable for everyone in it.
Here’s how you can set the right ambiance for the ultimate ergonomic workstation:
- Provide proper lighting – natural lighting is your friend. If you have large or many windows in your office, make sure you let them shine. Natural light is infinitely better compared to artificial light. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t install lighting fixtures in your office. The perfect ergonomic workstation is perfectly lit.
- Make sure you invest in light bulbs that have a temperature of at least 5600K. This mimics natural daylight and will boost productivity in your office tenfold.
- Anything is better with a view – this doesn’t mean you need to relocate to a remote island. Add some greenery to your workplace. Small potted plants like succulents will do wonders. If you’re not a fan of plants in your office, make sure that there is at least a view of plants.
- Comfort is key – obviously, you’ll be working with various individuals. This doesn’t automatically mean you need to buy different desks to suit their different heights. A table with adjustable height will suit you best. However, if you only work with a small team, a desk that has sufficient legroom will suffice when paired with the right chairs.
- Proper chair height should be observed. Even if you purchase a table chair for neck pain, it won’t be effective if it’s too high or too low for your desk.
- If you want to maximize the ergonomic style of your workplace, invest in a standing table. Standing desks allow your workplace to be more dynamic and are known to effectively boost office morale.
- Invest in ergonomic furniture – these are one thing, an ergo chair is another. Make sure you and your team are comfortable working extended hours in your working chair.
Remember these principles when you’re trying to set up your workplace. If you’re not entirely sure whether your workplace is ergonomically set up, print out an assessment form or an evaluation form for your colleagues to help you identify a great ergonomic setup.
These guidelines should serve as somewhat of a workplace ergonomics checklist. Ultimately it’s important to make sure your table allows you to stay in an optimal position.
If you’re more dynamic, it’s better to invest in a tabletop sit-stand workstation.
Does Ergonomics Improve Productivity?
Yes. An ergonomic working environment increases focus and motivates you to work more efficiently.
This is especially true if you suffer from body pain. Any sort of negative distraction from your work will discourage you from working more efficiently.
Why Are Ergonomic Desks Important?
Our ergonomic and efficient workstations essential for employees to do their best work? Why are ergonomic and efficient workstations essential for employees to do their best work? For most, the answer is probably “no.” Many believe ergonomic workstations are used solely for health reasons and do not consider the potential productivity gains. The reason is that workstations are very expensive and a small number of employers are willing to invest in them. In order to keep the company competitive and attractive to potential candidates, you must make ergo workstations attractive to all employees. Otherwise, your competitors will. When searching for a new workstation for your employees, you must ask yourself: What are the right ergo and efficient workstation options? An ergo workstation is a desk designed to make people perform more efficiently and more naturally. When built into a workstation, ergo workstations give your employees an easier way to perform their jobs while remaining healthy.
Most ergo workstations have adjustable seats, so they can be placed at different heights and angles. For people with musculoskeletal problems, an adjustable desk is an ez way to adapt to and improve comfort. Another consideration is how comfortable your employees are when sitting. Most ergo workstations have thicker cushions and padded seat surfaces so that employees can spend more time seated and less time standing. Many also have a backrest and adjustable armrests to ensure that your employees have the best comfort possible while performing their job. These features make an ergo workstation more ergonomically friendly and sustainable over the long run.
Is Jarvis Desk Worth It?
It really depends on how much you value your privacy. Jarvis Desk provides a more secure way of allowing you to use your voice to control your computer. The company’s website mentions a dozen reasons why you should use Jarvis Stand Up Desk to log in to your computer (including the simple fact that you might be the next target for hackers!). However, there is no doubt that you will miss out on some advanced features by using Jarvis Electric Standing Desk. For instance, it is only compatible with Windows 10, so you will not be able to use Jarvis Desk with Windows 7 or Vista. You will also have to use a Cortana-enabled speaker device.
Are Ergonomic Desks Worth It?
There are many reasons why I love them and there is no way to quantify all of them. The primary reason for my purchase was my decreased ability to walk. Since I purchased my desk, I am now able to exercise and walk in any climate – winter, spring, fall, or summer. Is a desk designed to ease the strain on your shoulders and neck worth it in the long run?
There are times when a wide, padded office chair is the best investment for ergonomics, but for most users, a standing desk is the safest place to spend most of your day. They come in many different designs, and prices height range from about $100 to thousands of dollars. They can be placed in small offices or large areas in between. Here are some things to consider before deciding what type of desk is right for you.
What is Ergonomic Home Office Equipment?
Does the words ‘ergonomic home office equipment doesn’t mean anything to you? If so, don’t worry, you’re not alone. In this post, we will explain what is ergonomic and why it is important for you to understand. What is Ergonomic Home Office Equipment? Ergonomic Home Office Equipment is equipment and furniture that reduce strain and pressure and make it easier for you to work comfortably. Most people are not aware of this but ergonomic office equipment is the modern way of creating a healthful office environment.
Ergonomic office equipment that reduces pressure and strain, and makes it easier for you to work comfortably. Most people are not aware of this but ergonomic office equipment is the modern way of creating a healthful office environment. Since we work in an office, most of us spend the entire day sitting on a chair. The pressure and strain can build up easily and make our neck, back and shoulders suffer.
What is a Proper Ergonomics Desk?
The defining characteristic of a proper ergonomics desk is that the physical position of all the people who work at the desk is comfortable and easy to access. Proper ergonomics desks have big workspaces, adjustable work surfaces, multiple levels, and easy-to-open doors. These work environments allow workers to easily move from place to place. A proper ergonomics desk should have the following features.
Adjustable tilt – This is very important and you should have at least two height settings. It should be adjustable in height as well as in width. Adjustable with a lever or adjustable pivots. This is very important and you should have at least two height settings. It should be adjustable in height as well as in width. Adjustable with a lever or adjustable pivots.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Difference Between Executive Desk and Computer Desk?
While executive desks prioritize aesthetics and grandeur, computer desks prioritize functionality and productivity. The design of an executive desk usually includes decorative elements like ornate carvings, leather inlays, and intricate details, while computer desks prioritize a streamlined and efficient layout. Ultimately, the choice between an executive desk and a computer desk depends on the intended purpose and individual preferences, with executives and professionals gravitating toward the former for its elegant appeal and computer users favoring the latter for its practicality and focus on technology integration.
Executive desks and computer desks are both popular choices for office spaces and home workstations, yet they serve distinct purposes and exhibit notable differences in design and functionality. An executive desk often considered the centerpiece of an office, exudes elegance and sophistication. It typically features a spacious and luxurious design, crafted from high-quality materials like solid wood or veneer. Its primary function is to provide an expansive work surface for executives and professionals to conduct meetings, sign documents, and engage in managerial tasks.
On the other hand, a computer desk is specifically tailored to accommodate computer equipment and technology-related activities. It emphasizes practicality and ergonomics, taking into account the arrangement of computer components such as the desktop computer or laptop, monitor, keyboard, and mouse. Computer desks often incorporate features like cable management systems, keyboard trays, and monitor stands to optimize efficiency and minimize clutter. Additionally, they frequently offer ample storage options for peripherals and office supplies.
Are Standing Desks More Ergonomic?
Standing desks have gained considerable popularity in recent years due to their purported ergonomic benefits. From an ergo standpoint, standing desks offer certain advantages over traditional seated desks. When used correctly, they can promote better posture, reduce the risk of musculoskeletal disorders, and enhance overall well-being.
Standing while working can encourage a more upright position, which helps align the spine, shoulders, and neck, reducing the likelihood of slouching or hunching. This alignment can alleviate strain on the back and neck muscles, potentially reducing the occurrence of discomfort or chronic pain. Standing also engages the leg muscles, promoting blood circulation and preventing issues related to sedentary behavior.
Furthermore, standing desks provide users with the flexibility to easily change positions throughout the day. Alternating between standing and sitting can help combat the negative effects of prolonged sitting, which has been associated with an increased risk of obesity, cardiovascular disease, and other health issues. Incorporating short periods of standing into the work routine can promote physical activity, boost energy levels, and improve focus and productivity.
However, it is important to note that standing for extended periods can also lead to its own set of challenges. Overuse or improper use of standing desks may result in fatigue, discomfort in the lower limbs, and foot problems. It is crucial to find a balance and listen to one’s body cues, ensuring a mix of sitting, standing, and movement throughout the day.
Are L-Shaped Desks More Ergonomic?
L-shaped desks can be more ergonomic than traditional rectangular desks when used in the right context and for specific tasks. The ergonomic advantages of L-shaped desks stem from their design, which allows for improved workspace organization, enhanced accessibility, and greater flexibility in positioning office equipment.
- Enhanced Workspace Organization: L-shaped desks provide separate work zones on each wing, allowing you to create distinct areas for different tasks. For instance, you can allocate one side for computer work and the other for paperwork or creative activities. This separation can promote better organization and efficiency by reducing clutter and preventing the mixing of tasks.
- Accessibility: L-shaped desks often have a corner space that is easily reachable. This configuration minimizes the need to overreach or twist the body when accessing different parts of the workspace, which can help reduce the risk of musculoskeletal strain.
- Flexibility: L-shaped desks can accommodate multiple monitors, peripherals, and work tools more effectively than rectangular desks. This versatility allows you to create an ergonomic workstation by adjusting the placement of your computer, keyboard, and other equipment to suit your individual needs and preferences.
However, it’s essential to note that the ergonomic benefits of L-shaped desks are contingent on proper setup and the user’s specific requirements. To maximize their ergonomic advantages, consider the following:
- Ensure that the desk height and chair are adjusted to promote a neutral posture, with feet flat on the floor and wrists in a neutral position while typing.
- Pay attention to monitor placement to reduce neck and eye strain. Monitors should be at eye level and directly in front of you.
- Organize your workspace efficiently to minimize excessive reaching or twisting movements.
In conclusion, L-shaped desks can offer ergonomic advantages by promoting better organization, accessibility, and workspace flexibility. However, achieving ergonomic benefits also depends on proper setup and individual user preferences and needs.
Conclusion. Which Model Is the Good For Home Office?
Ultimately, I can confidently say that the Varidesk Pro Plus Standing Desk Converter is the top choice. This is especially true if you already have desks installed in your workplace and you simply don’t want to buy new ones.
This adjustable converter will effectively turn any workspace into one of the most ergonomic spaces.
So here’s why I chose the Varidesk:
- It is spacious. It can fit up to two monitors, a laptop, a full-sized keyboard, a mouse, and still have room for a calculator and a notebook.
- It is easy to adjust. The rowing lift mechanism makes it fun to lift up without straining your body.
- Stability. The Varidesk is known to be one of the most stable table converters in the market. This means you don’t have to worry about your desk wobbling.
That said, you should keep in mind a few things when looking for the right desk for your workstation.
My preferences will not work for everyone, and it’s good to practice proper judgment:
- A desk on wheels is best for highly dynamic workplaces. If you tend to move your furniture around, make sure it’s easy to push around.
- Your desk should have a mat for standing so you don’t accidentally slip. On that note, invest in a desk that has a footrest under it to keep you relaxed and increase productivity.