L-shaped desks are among the most popular desk types in the industry. Here’s why:
- They’re significantly cheaper than other desk shapes.
- They’re space-efficient.
- They are incredibly versatile.
- They allow for plenty of office space to work.
That said, not all L-shaped desks are ideal. I often encounter clients who ask me for a list of choice products l shaped table desks.
That’s why in this article, I’m sharing some of my favorite places to buy l-shaped desks, the ideal room layout according to your needs, and the best setup.
- 1. Ameriwood Home Dakota
- 2. Z Line Belaire
- 3. Bush Furniture Cabot
- 4. GreenForest
- 5. Le Crozz SHW
- 6. Monarch Specialties Hollow-Core
- 7. Coleshome
- 8. Teraves Reversible
- 9. TOPSKY L-Shaped
- 10. Mecor Corner Computer Desk
What Are L Shaped Desks Called?
L-shape office table design desks are often called corner desks or corner units. This is because they’re more ergonomically fitted to corner spaces.
They’re quite space-efficient and are ideal for individuals who work on multiple projects at a time or use different mediums.
The L-shape design means you’re essentially combining two desks in one to maximize your work area. Typically, L-shaped desks can fit 3 monitors or 2 computers at a time while still leaving you enough room for paperwork.
Summary: L-shaped tables are usually referred to as corner desks or corner units. They are ideal for maximizing corner spaces and smaller rooms. They can also be used as a makeshift divider for larger rooms like offices.
Best L-Shaped Desk Models for 2020 (Updated List)
Before buying the first L-shaped office desk you come across, I highly suggest you consider a number of things:
- Size – contrary to popular belief, corner desks are not a one size fits all unit. They are available in different sizes, and some might be too large and would not fit comfortably in your room. Despite being more compact and space-efficient than u shaped desk, corner models come in different lengths and heights.
- Compartments – it’s important to make sure you have enough compartments if you need it. Some office corner desks come with fitted bookshelves and multiple drawers. Some even come with free organizational accessories.
- Price – don’t be afraid to look for cheap products. Price does not equal quality in all cases.I’ve come across many mid-range desks that are affordable and more well-built compared to more luxurious corner models.
- Comfort – make sure your desk is ergonomically designed. Choose a desk that is either the right height to facilitate proper posture or look for an electric standing desk that allows you to sit stand or adjust it to your desired height.
1. Ameriwood Home Dakota L-Shaped Desk with Bookshelves – Best Choice Overall
This ergonomic desk looks elegant and provides you with ample space to work and store your essentials. You’ll love the black wood-grained laminated surface that makes it easy to clean and low maintenance.
It fits into any corner space and is ideal for small spaces.
It’s also very reasonably priced. I love the ergonomic design and how functional it is without too many unnecessary extras.
Here are its best features:
Open Shelving Units – this desk comes with two open-style shelves that allow you to keep important documents, binders, and books close by. The open-design on the shelving unit adds to its minimalistic aesthetic and helps your room look less cluttered. The shelves are spacious enough and can handle multiple books or small objects.
Multiple Color Options – this corner desk comes in multiple color options. This makes it perfect for any room style. You can choose between an espresso, black or white finish. If you ask me, the white finish provides a brighter aesthetic. It’s a bit less low-maintenance, but it’s still relatively easy to clean.
Summary: This desk is ideal for smaller spaces and is my top choice because of its no-nonsense design. It features a spacious built-in bookshelf and plenty of room for your legs. It’s also ideal for users of various heights because of the generous leg room on this desk. The only catch is that it requires assembly. Even then, it’s quite easy to assemble.
2. Z Line Belaire – Best Glass L-Shaped Computer Desk
If you’re looking for a desk that’s more elegant looking without breaking the bank, this corner desk is the best choice for you. It’s well-priced, well-built, and fully functional. Glass desks are also very easy to clean and maintain.
Here’s why I recommend it:
Clean, Streamlined Design – this corner desk features a clean and streamlined design that is ideal for smaller spaces. That said, the clear glass work surface also expands the look of your room and table, so it doesn’t feel as cluttered. It also features a raised platform for your desktop monitor, so you don’t have to worry about it eating up space on your table.
Durable and High-Quality Materials – the top desk is made of high-quality tempered glass. This means it’s highly durable and won’t easily break under heavyweights. You can easily fill up your table with a desktop and all your necessities without having to worry about it breaking.
Summary: This glass corner desk not only looks beautiful, but it’s also very functional. You’ll love the multiple platforms designed to hold a monitor, your keyboard and mouse with plenty of room to work on other projects.
3. Bush Furniture Cabot – Best L-Shaped Computer Desk With Shelves
This Bush L-Shaped Desk is ideal for offices that require an extra touch of executive authority. It is ergonomically designed to fit paperwork, a personal computer unit, and accommodates your electronics beautifully.
Here’s why you should choose it for your office:
Plenty of Space – this desk features sixty inches of pure, expansive workspace. There’s enough space for signing paperwork, placing your work computer, or any other necessities you need when facing clients. The large space also means you don’t face the risk of having an unprofessionally over-cluttered desk.
Fitted USB Hub – technology is at the forefront of any business. You won’t find an office that doesn’t need multiple outlets to cater to their electronics anymore. That’s why the four-port USB hub is something that I was immediately interested in. You’ll be able to easily keep your electronics connected without fear of being less organized.
Summary: This desk is truly flawless in its design and functionality. It is a rather large desk, so you might encounter issues if your space is smaller. That said, it comes with plenty of storage space and is ideal for any office setting. However, you might experience some inconvenience as sometimes some parts are missed during packaging.
4. GreenForest L-Shaped Corner Desk – Best Value
This L-shaped desk is more suited for the placement that faces the room. It features a curved edge that’s ideal for open spaces.
Take a look at its best features:
Strong Legs – this desk features reinforced steel legs that can support multiple loads. You can easily put in two monitors and more. This is achieved through a unique epoxy coating process that makes the legs stronger and more wear-resistant.
Adjustable Height – this desk comes with leg pads that allow you to alter the height of your desk as you wish. This is ideal if standard table heights are usually not ideal for you.
Summary: This desk is best for corners, it saves space in your living room, office, dorm room and bed room.
5. Le Crozz SHW – Good for Small Spaces
This L-shaped computer desk is a 3-piece desk that is good for gaming computers and office desks. It saves space and has an elegant design.
Take a look at its best features:
Space Efficient – this desk features a space-efficient design that can be placed in tight L-shaped corners and open spaces. It’s most ideal for smaller rooms because of its compact size and wide-leg space. Despite that, it still has plenty of desk space for working.
Summary: This desk is ideal because of its sturdiness and durable steel frame, this corner desk is best for gaming computers and office desks. Its compact size allows you to place it in smaller spaces without compromising too much floor space.
6. Monarch Specialties Hollow-Core With Drawers – Sturdy l-shaped Desk
This hollow-core left or right facing corner is best for corner and open spaces. It has an elegant design, file cabinet drawers, and can hold a whole lot of stuff.
Take a look at its best features:
Drawers – It has 2-side drawers and a file cabinet that can hold your school and office supplies.
Spacious – Has plenty of space for office supplies, school projects, desktop computers, lamps, picture frames, and books.
Elegant design – It has a stylish modern design and is good for open and corner spaces.
Summary: This desk features a hollow core you can put more stuff in and can be adjusted for the design you deem fit. It’s ideal if you want a more customizable unit that can hold more essentials.
7. Coleshome – L Shaped Desk For Gaming
A corner desk setup is every gamer’s dream. This L-shaped desk is best suited for gamers who need multiple monitors at a time.
It can fit up to three monitors side by side with extra room for speakers, consoles, and other gaming equipment. Here’s why I recommend it:
Bevel Edge Angle Design – the edge design on this desk makes it ideal for monitors. It fits perfectly against a corner wall, and with this design, you have space to run wires through to keep your desk well organized.
Summary: This desk’s frame is flawless. It’s ergonomically designed and will carry you through many hulk-smashing moments as your teammates disappoint you. That said, the bevel-edge gives you an extra boost of organization you didn’t know you needed.
8. Teraves Reversible – Short Right Side Corner Desk
This desk features reversible side desks, so you’re able to choose which side you’d like to be longer. This means your desk is basically ambidextrous and caters to all preferences.
Here’s why I like it:
Monitor Stand Compatible – this desk comes with a pre-drilled hole that you can install a monitor stand to. This is ideal if you want to save on desk space.
Easy to Clean – its waterproof surface makes it resistant to stains and wear. That said, it’s also great for spot cleaning the table as you see fit.
Summary: The biggest hurdle you’ll encounter with this desk is that it’s quite confusing to assemble. But once you’ve overcome that, you’ll enjoy the minimalist and ergonomic design of it. You’ll love foot rests and interchangeable side desks that allow you to customize it to your needs.
9. TOPSKY L-Shaped Compact Workstation – Under $200
This desk allows you to maximize your workspace for an affordable price. It’s relatively affordable at under $200, but it looks luxurious and boasts a nice spacious design.
Here’s why I recommend it:
Symmetrical Design – you’ll enjoy plenty of workspace on this desk because of the symmetrical style. Both side tables are the same size, which allows you to place more essentials on your table.
Adjustable Leg – the leg features an adjustable mechanism that allows you to optimize the table’s height to your preference.
Summary: This desk is ideal if you want a sturdy frame for under $200. It boasts an elegant design and spacious workspace so you’re never going to feel constricted working in it.
10. Mecor L-Shaped Corner Computer Desk – Budget Model For Dual Monitors
This desk sells for a little over $100. Despite the low price point, it looks elegant and packs a lot of great features.
For example, it can easily fit two computer monitors and still leave you with plenty of space for other essentials.
Here’s why I recommend it:
Tempered Glass – this desk’s top is made of 7mm tempered glass. It’s highly durable and can carry heavy loads with ease. It not only adds to the elegance of this desk, but it’s also decidedly easier to clean as well.
Summary: If you consider yourself more of a handy person, you’ll love figuring out how to assemble this unit. That said, it is a relatively cheap desk. Despite that, it is surprisingly durable and well worth its price.
Models not in this review:
- Ameriwood Dakota L-Shaped Desk (with grommet holes for cord management)
What is the Difference Between a Writing Desk and a Computer Desk?
Functionality. Usually, writing desks are designed with a groove that holds a pencil or pen.
Writing models look more like traditional tables you see in retailers like Ikea, Target, Staples, Walmart, or Amazon.
Computer desks, on the other hand, are understandably more suited for computer setups.
It usually has more depth to fit a keyboard, monitor, and mouse and usually come with hutch options to organize your cables.
- Computer desks usually come with a fitted keyboard tray to maximize your desk space.
- Writing desks are usually not as deep as computer.
What is the Difference Between a Desk and a Credenza?
Structure. You’ll be able to easily tell the difference between a desk and credenza the first time you set your eyes on them.
Here’s what you need to know:
- A desk looks like a table. It has long legs and a work surface for any type of activity it’s built for.
- A credenza is short and long and usually comes with cabinets underneath it. It’s not ideal for working on, but it is ideal for storing items.
Final Verdict. Which Model to Choose?
I value a no-nonsense design above everything else. This usually tells me that I have everything I need without having to overspend on features that I will likely not use.
Extra features like an adjustable height or extra tech sound attractive. You might even be compelled to purchase a corner desk that is made of exotic hardwoods because the seller tells you it’s the best choice, and it looks more luxurious.
All of those things are not true. You can certainly find an averagely-priced desk without sacrificing your convenience, comfort, and style.
Here are a few things you should keep in mind when shopping for a corner desk for home office:
- Consider your space. Here’s a quick recap of l-shape desks dimensions explained: it fits snugly in any corner. That said, make sure you have enough room on either side to make room for the desk space. Usually, one side will be longer than the other, but other products also boast the same depth and length throughout.
- Make sure it’s comfortable. Most models are standard-sized. But others, not so much. Even so, you might find it hard to adapt to a desk that is not the ideal height for you. Make sure your desk is just the right height, so you don’t have to hunch over your work. That said, you should also consider the leg space on your corner desk. Corner desks typically work best with swivel office chairs. Make sure you have enough room to swivel from one side to the other comfortably without hitting or contorting your legs underneath your table. The same can be said for financial comfort. Make sure you purchase a desk that is financially comfortable for you, so you don’t regret your purchase later on because you spent too much on your desk.
- Convenience is key. Make sure your desk has all the attachments and fittings you need. Don’t overdo it. Make sure you have enough space to put your essentials in for easy access. Make sure whatever fittings or storage compartments available are not excessive.
Overall, I can confidently say that the Ameriwood Home Dakota desk is my top pick. It features a simple and functional design with lots of legroom and desktop space to work on.
It comes with two open bookshelves on one side and comes with grommets that allow you to keep your desk free from wire clutter.
Having said that, whichever desk you choose from this list will serve you reliably. These ten choices are ideal for different types of users, and I’m sure you’ll find something that can fit your specific needs.